The beginning of a new year is the perfect time to start making plans for a new you! Most of us make resolutions to lose weight, eat healthier, or take more vacations. If you stick to your goals, you’ll be smiling more and taking lots of pictures to show off your success, so it’s only right that your smile looks fantastic too. This year, you’ll want a smile that you can flash all over Southern Pines, and the dental office is the perfect place to start.
Most dentists recommend that you set a few dental resolutions for the New Year. These should be areas that you would like to see improvements in terms of health, function, or appearance. If you’re having trouble getting started, ask yourself the following questions:
- If you had to rate your smile on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being perfect, what score would you give yourself?
- If your score isn’t a 10, why not?
- If money were no object, what would you have done first?
- How would you define a perfect smile?
- When you look at your smile in pictures, what is the first thing that you notice?
- Do you have teeth that are sensitive to pressure, temperature, or sweets?
- What were you unable to accomplish last year?
- Do you have a budget in mind?
- Do you a timeframe in mind?
The dentist’s job is to understand what you want and then assist you in designing a plan to achieve your goals. Of course, there are numerous ways to achieve the same goal, so and the dentist can help you to select the treatment that is most suitable for you. This can include a review of your treatment alternatives, help in prioritizing the treatment phases, and financial arrangements. Start today by meeting with a Southern Pines dentist and give yourself plenty of time to reach your goals.