Pinehurst Dentist Offers Variety in Cosmetic Dentistry
Cosmetic dentistry isn’t a new concept by any means, but today’s technology and dental materials are enabling dentists in Pinehurst and Southern Pines to produce results that are more outstanding and longer-lasting than anything that could have been imagined even 15 years ago. From better teeth whitening options to complete smile makeovers, cosmetic dental procedures are highly requested by both male and female patients of all ages.
To understand what can be accomplished through cosmetic dentistry, start by taking a look at a few of the most common esthetic procedures:
- Teeth whitening. Brightening teeth that are deeply stained or discolored can instantly enhance your appearance. Teeth whitening can be performed in the dental office or at your own home using professionally recommended products. Some teeth whitening products can be purchased online or over the counter, although they are not generally as effective as the professional products.
- Bonding. Minor cosmetic flaws like chipped edges, cracks, or stains can be addressed with resin bonding. By bonding tooth-colored resin to the enamel, it is also possible to close small spaces between the teeth and improve the general symmetry of the smile.
- Veneers. These are thin, custom-made porcelain shells that cover the front of the teeth to disguise discoloration or imperfections.
- Tooth reshaping. The enamel can be gently and conservatively reshaped to smooth away rough edges or to create a more symmetrical look.
- Crown lengthening. This minor oral surgery procedure can bring balance to an uneven gumline, lengthen teeth that appear to be too short, or reduce the appearance of a “gummy” smile.
- Smile makeover. This term describes a comprehensive approach in which multiple cosmetic procedures can be combined to completely refurbish the look of your smile.
Cosmetic dentistry provides a uniquely different experience for each patient. To learn more about your choices for rejuvenating your smile, contact a cosmetic dentist in Pinehurst or Southern Pines and schedule a full consultation today.