Our office is proud to offer computer-aided design and computer-aided manufacturing – referred to as CAD/CAM – dentistry to provide our patients with premium quality dental crowns.
The use of this technology means that it is possible in many cases for our patients to receive same-day restorations.
Benefits of Same-Day Crowns
- Durable– Same day crowns are made of strong ceramic and porcelain materials that hold up well over time.
- Accurate– The intraoral camera used to scan teeth creates an instant 3D model to use during the crown manufacturing process.
- Natural-looking– We can match the crown material to your natural teeth to provide a restoration that no one will notice.
- Fast– Instead of having to come back for a second visit to have a conventional crown placed, the entire restoration is completed in a single visit.
- Conservative treatment– In some cases, we can preserve more of the natural tooth structure by fabricating an onlay (a partial crown) instead of a full crown.
- No temporary crown needed– Those who get a conventional crown must wear a temporary for a couple of weeks while the permanent replacement is made in a dental lab. Temporary crowns sometimes fall off, which require additional appointments to cement back into place until the permanent restoration is ready.
Same-day crowns are a great solution for the right candidate. We can conduct a thorough examination to determine if it’s a good option for each patient’s unique situation.
Factors that determine whether same-day crowns are a viable option include the size and shape of the tooth in need of restoration, and whether the patient clenches or grinds their teeth.
Call our office today to schedule an appointment and learn more about this treatment option.